Our family loves chocolate. You might even describe us as chocoholics! Every night after dinner, out come the twirls and flakes to help calm us after a hectic day with our 4 year old daughter! So why is chocolate being touted as the next “superfood” and antioxidant? Well for one thing, it is not the stuff Cadbury makes!
Many years ago I visited Belgium and lived in Antwerp for a few weeks. I ate pralines every day and they were yummy. Let’s face it Belgium gets its coca from the Congo, one the best places in the world to grow the beans. Cocoa originated in Mexico and the Europeans took them to Africa where Cocoa Plants thrived. In Belgium, I even ate a bean one day. It was huge and very sweet. Haven’t seen one since. Chocolate was so valuable to the Aztecs, it was even used as a form of currency!
A Business In Chocolate?
Many of us in the networking industry are already aware of Xochai. This company markets organic cold pressed chocolate mixed with Acai Berries.
All of us in the supplement industry know that the worst thing about pills and potions is that, at best, they taste bland. Let’s face it, there is no glamour in odorless, tasteless, drops, even if they do rid our body of the stuff that is not supposed to be there! So, if chocolate really were healthy, many of us would want to get our nutrients this way!
For over 3 years, I have been marketing an amazing detox product, using the world’s best activated liquid zeolite product, with remarkable results. We are currently compiling hundreds of testimonies from people with success in such conditions as autism, ADHD, allergies, cancer, Chronic Fatigue syndrome, liver disease, kidney disease, thyroid problems, and a whole host of others. This product has a unique edge over the competition and is proven to work with clinical tests and published research. Even though there is a constant demand due to work of mouth, it just isn’t sexy! I know from personal experience, that taking a few drops every day can resolve all sorts of health issues, and leave you with a longer, happier life.
OK, I hope you haven’t switched off already. Let’s face it, there is a new MLM on the block every day, and there are a host of people who make all their money on pre launch of various programs. This is an established company, who are about to sex up an established technology with proven results – very different to a new start up!
There is a new product in the pipeline that combines the power of cold pressed organic chocolate, activated liquid zeolite and a proprietary mood enhancer. I am looking to add people to my established, successful team of networkers who are ready to capitalize on this new product. By making zeolite sexy, it will have mass appeal, once people understand what they have. Our market is going to expand and I need an army of distributors to help! We have all sorts of benefits for you, but you will have to contact me first.
Lead In Chocolate
This is a serious concern, please understand that lead causes all sorts of health problems, and there are no requirements to list lead levels on food labels.
“The sources of lead in Nigerian cocoa products, which have become a concern, may conceivably include lead from local soils and rocks where the cocoa plant is grown; farming practices (e.g., the application of fertilizers, lead-containing pesticides, composts and other soil additives); atmospherically deposited lead; handling and processing of cocoa beans after harvesting (including drying in open air, transportation, and storage); grinding and manufacturing processes (wear and tear of lead-soldered machine parts); mixtures and additives to final products; and packaging and wrapping material”. Source Med line.
The article further goes on to state, “To the best of our knowledge, there has been no systematic auditing of the sources of lead during the manufacture of chocolate products from the harvesting of cocoa beans to the finished products”. Yes folks, no one is testing our chocolate for led content, yet another example of toxins in food no one is telling us about!
The evidence is that lead concentrations in manufactured chocolate are amongst the highest in all foods!
Now For The good stuff
- Cornell University food scientists discovered that cocoa powder has nearly twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times the antioxidants found in green tea.
- The ORAC score per 100 grams of unprocessed raw cacao is 28,000, compared to 18,500 for Acai Berries, 1,540 for Strawberries, and only 1,260 for raw Spinach.
- Cocoa is a good source of the minerals magnesium, sulphur, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, and manganese; plus some of the B Vitamins. It has a high content of the “beauty” mineral, sulfur. Sulfur helps build strong nails and hair, promotes healthy and beautiful skin, helps detoxify the liver, and supports healthy functioning of the pancreas.
- Fresh cocoa beans are super-rich in the type of bioflavonoid called flavanols which are strong antioxidants that help maintain healthy blood flow and blood pressure. The heart-healthy flavanols in cocoa, especially the epicatechins, prevent fatty substances in the bloodstream from oxidizing and then clogging the arteries.
- Flavanols help make blood platelets less likely to stick together and cause blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes – without the negative side effects associated with the use of aspirin (ASA) and other pharmaceutical blood-thinners.
- Cocoa also contains the amino acid Tryptophan which makes the neurotransmitter known as serotonin, which promotes positive feelings and helps keep us from feeling depressed. Cocoa contains the neurotransmitters dopamine, and phenylethylamine (PEA), and contains anandamide and MAO Inhibitors – which make this heart-healthy food a healthy food for the brain too.
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) helps promote mental alertness and the ability to concentrate. The PEA in healthy chocolate can be of help to students taking tests, and to senior citizens who want to retain the mental capacity of a younger person and postpone the onset of dementia.
- Studies have indicated that consuming dark chocolate produced an increased sensitivity to insulin (which indicates a protective effect against diabetes).
The downward Spiral From Cocoa Bean To Cadbury or Hershey Chocolate bar!
First stage is to Ferment and Roast the beans to make a “chocolate liquor” paste. This is cooled and becomes “Unsweetened baking or cooking chocolate”. It is the stuff we use in cakes.
The next stage is to squeeze out the cocoa butter in a press resulting in products such as Cadbury’s “Bourneville Cocoa powder” So far, so good, we have only taken the fat out! Chocolate cup cakes might be better for us than we first thought!
To make dark chocolate, you take the Cocoa powder, add back some Cocoa butter, and then refined white sugar to create the required bitterness level! Many are aware that Sugar has been described as the most addictive and dangerous substance on earth, and many contend that this one substance when refined, represents one of the biggest threats to human health. Dr Francisco Contreras, in his book, “Health in the 21st Century” suggests that those who lower their sugar intake live longer by up to 12 years! Still it is almost impossible to avoid, so minimization is the only option for most of us. So adding refined sugar is the first step away from pure, healthy chocolate.
The Extra Bits.
A block of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate contains
- Full Cream Milk
- Sugar – Refined White Processed 56%
- Cocoa Mass ( the good stuff) 21%
- Cocoa Butter 21%
- Milk Solids 28% (total of protein plus fat)
- Vegetable Fat (no information of the source of this)
- Soya Lecithin 476 Emulsifier ( a derivative of castor oil)
- Flavours (unspecified).
- Lead levels are not listed!
This is a far cry from the original chocolate bean!
What Does All This Mean?
I will cut to the chase. The fact is that Chocolate is a “food of the Gods” as the Aztecs named it. Unfortunately we are talking about it in its raw form, grown in a pristine environment. While chocolate absorbs toxins and led from its surrounds, it is in manufacturing that most of the nutrition is lost and dangerous chemicals in the form of refined sugar, flavouring, saturated fats and lead are added, so much so that the chocolate we purchase from the supermarket is a junk food!
Recently, companies are going back to nature and rediscovering organic, raw chocolate. They are bringing products to market that enable us to go back to the original health qualities of this amazing bean. Chava chocolate is a new concept soon to be released which contains pure raw cocoa, plus a hyperpotent almond based extract to enhance your mood. Brain scans before and after eating this product show a definite mood change! Finally 5 drops of Activated liquid Zeolite, the master detoxifier of heavy metals and toxins are added to each piece.
How Do I Benefit?
Well, you get a maintenance amount of zeolite to keep toxins at bay in just two servings of Chava. You get all the good stuff from the Cocoa Bean without the bad stuff from Chocolate bars. You can be assured that you won’t get lead poisoning from the chocolate you eat. No one else wants to talk about lead in the food, because almost every food has some!
John Gaydon is a Network marketer with a keen interest in Natural Health. His journey started when to go away! A trip to the Naturopath fixed it in a few days by detoxification and since then he has investigated and studied many products and ideas. In Activated Liquid Zeolite, he believes he has found possibly the best product for detoxing at a cellular level. The addition of organic free trade chocolate with zeolite drops creates a delicious treat that is extremely high in antioxidant value, with the added detoxing benefits of Liquid Zeolite. Find out more about zeolite by visiting http://detoxzeolite.com